Arvind shenoy mds is currently a professor, department of conservative dentistry at bapuji dental college, davangere. Teaching is a passion for him and he has been teaching since 22 years with the prime goal of improving knowledge and clinical skills among practitioners. He has been a member, board of studies, rajiv gandhi university of health sciences. He is also a reviewer for journal of indian dental association, the journal of conservative dentistry, world dental journal and journal of contemporary dental practice. He has more than 50 publications to his credit in peer-reviewed journals as well as trade magazines and has authored chapters for two textbooks. He is very active on the lecture circuit and conducted more than 100 lectures and courses on esthetic dentistry and endodontics. K. Chandrasekharan nair mds is currently a professor, department of prosthodontics, aecs maaruti college of dental sciences and research, bangalore.
This South Asian edition, based on the 12th edition of Phillips’ Science of Dental Materials, while maintaining the current and authoritative nature, has incorporated certain features, which would make it more valuable to students and clinicians in the Indian context. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the composition, biocompatibility, physical properties, mechanical properties, manipulative variables, and performance of direct and indirect restorative materials and auxiliary materials used in dentistry.
- Up-to-date scientific and clinical data on the most advanced restorative materials
- Clinical and technical aspects of various materials have been highlighted in special boxes to enable easy reference without having to go through the entire text
- Clinical aspects such as manipulation and techniques for cementation and polishing provided in easy to read boxes
- Summary provided at the end of chapter in a bulleted format
- Review Questions for each chapter culled over from the question papers of different universities over the last 10 years
- Glossary provides a list of key terms used in dental materials science
Note: Only Dental member can download this ebook. Learn more here!