Debonding and Fixed Retention in Orthodontics
An accessible and thorough guide to debonding and fixed retainer bonding
Debonding and Fixed Retention in Orthodontics: An Evidence-Based Clinical Guide reviews the protocols, materials, and techniques required at two key stages of orthodontic treatment. The book has been written as a reference guide and the chapters introduce the best-supported and most efficient approaches to each stage of debonding and fixed retainer bonding treatments, from choice of material through to final results.
The book includes relevant procedures including orthodontic appliance removal, appliance debonding, the use of rotating instruments, and enamel cleaning. The authors also provide guidance on topics such as the failure and adverse effects of fixed retainers, enamel structural defects, periodontal effects, and aerosol production, to aid in positive result retention.
Readers will also find:
- Two extensive sections covering debonding and fixed retainer bonding
- Evidence-based guidelines for each stage of treatment
- Summaries of the side effects of procedures on hard and soft dental tissues
- Tips to avoid potential unfavorable sequelae
- Detailed lists of existing methods and their clinical implications
Debonding and Fixed Retention in Orthodontics is written for orthodontic specialists, clinicians, and postgraduate dental students looking to build knowledge and ensure the best results during these two stages of orthodontic therapy.
Note: Only Dental member can download this ebook. Learn more here!