Stanley F. Malamed DDS
Be prepared to prevent, recognize, and manage life-threatening medical emergencies! Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office, 8th Edition helps you learn the skills needed to manage health issues in the dental office or clinic. The text describes how to recognize and manage medical emergencies promptly and proactively and details the resources that must be on hand to effectively deal with these situations. Written by noted dentistry educator Dr. Stanley Malamed, this expert text includes the latest guidelines for drug-related emergencies, cardiac arrest, and more. An enhanced eBook is included with each new print purchase, featuring a complete, fully searchable version of the text, a test bank of 300 questions and answers, and much more ― available on a variety of devices.
- Logical format reflects the way emergencies are encountered in a dental practice, with chapters organized by commonly seen clinical signs and symptoms, such as unconsciousness or altered consciousness, respiratory distress, seizures, allergic reactions, chest pain, and cardiac arrest.
- Step-by-step procedures include detailed, sequential instructions for stabilizing and treating patients (PCABD) in common medical emergencies.
- Full-color illustrations demonstrate emergency techniques with realistic clarity.
- Summary tables and boxes make it easy to find essential concepts and information.
- Quick-reference algorithms in the appendix include step-by-step diagrams showing the decision-making process in common emergency situations.
- A differential diagnosis chapter ends each of the book’s parts on common emergencies.
- An enhanced eBook version is included with each new print purchase, featuring a fully searchable version of the text, an image collection, a test bank of 300 questions and answers, and more!
- UPDATED content includes the most current guidelines for drug-related emergencies, unconsciousness, altered consciousness, and cardiac arrest as well as protocols for obstructed airway management.
- UPDATED PCABD boxes reflect the American Heart Association’s algorithm for stabilizing and treating victims with an easy-to-remember acronym (PCABD): Positioning, Circulation, Airway, Breathing, and Definitive Management.
- UPDATED! Emergency drug and equipment kit instructions help you assemble emergency kits and ensure that your dental office has safe, current materials on hand.
Note: Only Dental member can download this ebook. Learn more here!